Home > Community Blog Topics, Patch/Expansion Updates > I Still Already Love WOD but…..

I Still Already Love WOD but…..

Last week’s topic on WoW Insider was what we are most looking forward to in WOD. This week flips it on us and asks what our biggest disappointment is about the announced features.

Truth be told, this new xpac can’t come out fast enough. So I don’t have a lot of real “disappointments” in the announcements, so these may be a bit nit-picky.

Itemization

Yes, I said this is a nice feature in my last post, but some of it just doesn’t make sense. Spirit is going to remain a secondary stat, which means it won’t change when we change specs. I don’t know about you, but if I see a DK, Rogue or Warrior running around with spirit on their gear, I’m going to die a little inside. We won’t be able to reforge anymore. This is going to have to be discussed among many a guild leadership when figuring out their WOD loot distribution. If it has spirit on it, it’s healer gear. Period. There is no more hit rating so all you shadow priests, elemental shammies and boomkins can go bugger off. So spirit gear is healer gear. But not all gear will have spirit on it. Does that mean healers are automatically ineligible for it? That’s a loot discussion for another day, but I’m not exactly looking forward to that discussion.

Healers may still want to carry a completely different set of gear for their offspec, though. That spirit is going to do diddley squat for my kitty spec. And it’s just going to sit there on my gear. So it doesn’t exactly solve many of the bag space issues as it should, if we’re min/maxing our offspecs.

Which brings me to….

Reforging

The Ethereal reforgers are packing up and leaving town, leaving us with what we got. Make spirit a primary stat, and I’ll stop bitching. Reforging is a pain in the ass, so I’m not sad to see it go. But if I use my kitty offspec and have to deal with stats of: stamina, agility, spirit on my gear, I’m going to twitch.

Garrisons

This is nice. But I wish they would make Guild Garrisons. Then each guild member could have their own “player housing” within the Guild Garrison, and share the resources. With end game raiding not requiring players to be in guilds, this would be a big motivator in joining a guild. There is SO much potential with a Guild garrison.

No new Race/Class

We really don’t need a new race or class, but it’s always something new to look forward to. But please, no naga race. Just, no.

It’s really hard to be disappointed in anything that I don’t have a lot of information on yet, and despite these points, I really can’t wait for WOD. I mean, REALLY. CAN’T. WAIT.

1. November 25, 2013 at 7:12 am | #1

I read somewhere on WoW Insider that spirit will only be on jewelry, weapons/offhands, and trinkets … the items that do not change stats when you change specs. I don’t know exactly how they are going to work this, because they are going to have to have a TON of spirit on those items, or change how mana regen works.

• November 25, 2013 at 7:17 am | #2

Yeah there hasn’t been a lot of info about that coming out, but if spirit is only on the items that don’t change stats, that would be one solution. However, it would require healers not to rely on spirit as much, if we only get it on 6-7 items. Not sure how that would work.

2. Myranda
    November 25, 2013 at 7:31 am | #3

I don’t see the spirit thing being much of a problem. Raid gear isn’t random, so you’ll see something that has spirit and int and then something that has crit and int. The former is clearly healer-only gear; the latter is both caster and healer gear (potentially). It may take a bit more of a holistic approach to the raid, though. Might have to look at all the loot tables to decide whether a piece of gear is priority caster or healer.

But as someone who shares itemization with a DK tank, I gotta say this just hasn’t been much of an issue. There are some overlapping gear, but it only irks me on weapons! Also, don’t forget the same issue you’re pointing out will also happen with tanks and DPS. They won’t have traditional tank stats on gear anymore, so all my gear will look just as awesome to a str tank.

Honestly, that’s Blizzards goal. Making gear sucks for them and they want to make it to where we all share as much gear as possible. Quicker for them to itemize the gear, and more incentive for guilds to run the same content over and over. In the new world order, that int/crit neck that drops every week won’t be something that just one raid member needs – it’ll be something that all of your int-based classes will need.

3. Wylf
    November 25, 2013 at 8:52 am | #4

How I read this is: hunters can now wear shaman-looking gear. Mwah-hah-ha. I wants.

4. Zal
    November 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm | #5

Funny if you do your cloak quest, the yak Celestial, Niuzao, claims spirit is needed for fortitude. Maybe they will make spirit more useful for other classes.

• Zal
      November 25, 2013 at 1:02 pm | #6

Also, they said that garrisons are just another stepping stone, maybe in a future xpac or content patch they will have guild garrisons, or even better, maybe a guild city O.O

1. No trackbacks yet.