Home > Confessions, Guildies > Death By Chicken Nuggets: A Reflection on the Past 2 Years

Death By Chicken Nuggets: A Reflection on the Past 2 Years

<Masochistic Tendencies> turned two years old yesterday. There was a lot of stuff going on so there wasn’t a lot of time to actually do any group activities. It was just as well, planning can be a headache. I’ll wait until the 5th year to plan something big.

We’ve come a long way in the past 2 years. When the charter was signed, there were just a few of us left reeling from the drama explosion that killed <Blood Red Skies>. We had a completely overhauled leadership team that consisted of myself, Star, Phaedara and Nimune (who left in search of better raid times). Shortly after Nimune left, Krur was promoted to officer, and Phae was our de facto raid leader.

Recruitment started slowly. Our first raid was 12/12/09 in Onyxia 2.0. I don’t think we even fielded a full 10 man. I do remember a former BRS’er who didn’t come to MT filled in as heals. The next day, in the true masochistic way, we ran face first into ICC 10. It did not end well. I was tanking on Aly and went splat in 5 seconds. The healers were all “wtfbbq”. Anyway, after that clustershizzle, we said ok! Back to TOC!

In the next few months, recruitment picked up (ohai Giz and Gamma!) but progression was slow and some folks were getting impatient (ahem Giz), and decided to move on.. (and come back… and move on… and come back…).

We finally killed Lord Marrowgar in early February 2010. On the night of that kill, the guild’s most epic wipe occurred. To this day, the words “chicken nuggets” strikes fear into the hearts of those that were there. If I remember right, Giz, Phae Star and Krur were there. I think Myranda might have been tanking as well. You all know what I’m talking about. You’re laughing and shaking your head as you read this, before I even tell the tale.

Part of me has to blame Giz, just a little bit. We zone in, and start to clear trash leading up to Marrowgar. As holy pally, my healing assignment was tanks. Other healers know I’m on tanks, and they trust that I.. you know.. can heal the tanks. So we get to the second room, and I stop for mana. I’m eating my dinner as we’re raiding as well. At this point I assumed that Giz would continue when I said I’m ready. Instead, I think he was just looking at my mana bar, saw it was full and said “ok here we go!”… charge…..splat.

Giz: Aly what happened?

Me: Sorry I lost focus for a second and didn’t have time to catch up

Giz: What were you doing?

Me: I was eating chicken nuggets and I dropped one

/facepalm

So now you know that if I say I’m eating chicken nuggets during a raid, be afraid. Be very afraid. As a joke, the weeks… hell months.. after that, there was always a remark at the beginning of the raid. “Aly, put down the chicken nuggets!” or “Aly isn’t armed with chicken nuggets this week are you”… Or in the forums. We were discussing tackling Festergut and..

re: MT Progression

Postby Alykii on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 pm
I was rounding it by saying “almost” 6k. Because of the fluctuations due to RNG, moving, finger slipped, eating a chicken nugget, etc I rounded very slightly upward.

re: MT Progression

Postby Phaedara on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:23 pm
Alykii wrote:
eating a chicken nugget
I got pwned by a chicken nugget in ICC. True Story.

re: MT Progression

Postby Derfel85 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:21 pm
and yea, eating chicken nuggets wipes our raids, apparently. I cannot confirm, as i was not there.

re: MT Progression

Postby Krur on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:19 am
it dosen’t wipe the raid juts kills the tank she is healing Happy

re: MT Progression

Postby Alykii on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:07 am
we actually did wipe..

yeah. Fun times.

We made progress in ICC10 after that, and recruitment was going swimmingly. We had enough players for 2 10-man teams! Woohoo! We had our “progression team” on Wed/Thurs nights and a “sign up” group on Sun/Mon nights. At this time Phae had decided to take a break from raiding/raid leading/etc due to massive burnout. I’m pretty sure he made a chicken nugget reference in his retirement post.

Through the spring and early summer, we had a great Raid Leader. He was hard-nosed, efficient and got us to Sindragosa. Until, inexplicably, he lost his mind. After that little bout of drama, Giz, back from his stint on the dark side, stepped up as a Raid Leader. Just a few weeks before Cataclysm hit, we killed Arthas.

In 2011, the guild exploded – in a good way! The roster went from 100ish to over 300. Not sure how the foo that happened. I’ll blame Giz. Ok, so 200ish may be alts. But still, that’s a lot of rassafriggin people. We started T11 as one group, which expanded to 2 groups when Sal, Igoa, Orcshot, Chronon,  Barbas and last but not least and definitely the most awesome Py joined (let’s just call the guild <Masochistic Rising> or <Nebulous Tendencies>.. seriously, those 5 plus Giz, Emor, Phae, Minnax, Feriluce all from the same guild at one point). Then summer happened. Firelands sucked so everyone took breaks. Fielding 2 10-mans became difficult. Progression through FL was slow at best. Then Yakk took over one of the groups and… zoom zoom! Finally, after a few more members joined, we ended up with three groups in October. Two groups killed Ragnaros, one group killed all but Ragnaros. I’m happy with our T12 accomplishments.

MT In Review – Highlights:

10. Creating the best guild in my WoW experience

9. Killing Arthas

8. Going “splat” on Marrowgar during my first ICC tanking experience

7. Giz forgetting his righteous fury every week, and other assorted Gizisms.

6. Increasing our roster exponentially

5. Getting 2 heroic kills while the content was still current

4. Great raid leadership in Phaedara, Yakkypoo, Giz, Zal and Crix

3. Fantastic guild leadership in Star, Rodin, Krur and Pimpdaddy G

2. Chicken Nuggets

1. The friendships, community and teamwork. MT has come a LONG way since the guild charter was signed on December 4, 2009. #’s 2-10 is what makes this guild #1.

I love MT. I love the people. I love the environment. I truly appreciate the support, teamwork, blood sweat and tears that went into building this guild. I could write so much more, but I’ll never be able to say enough.

/grouptacklehugs ❤