Home > Patch/Expansion Updates > My Cataclysm Bucket List

My Cataclysm Bucket List

It’s that time of the expansion where the content is old musty and dusty and there’s nothing to do. Well the first part of that sentence is true, the second part, no way!

At the end of the Wrath expansion, I decided to grind quests on my paladin for the Loremaster achievement. Being as ADHD as I am, I got about 75% through Kalimdor and about 65% through Eastern Kingdoms when Cataclysm hit. And we all know what happened when Cataclysm hit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Everything changed. My quest progress reset. RESET!!! My Kalimdor progress had a handful of random quests completed in a couple of zones. My Eastern Kingdoms progress was ZERO! Rassafrigginmotherpussbuckets! That’s it Mister Deathwing, YOUR ASS IS MINE!!! I’ve now killed that foo now on 4 toons. Ironically, none of which is the paladin.

My poor Alykii. She was my main for so long, and I just shoved her into a corner for an entire expansion pretending she didn’t exist. Having been my main for so long though, she became my achievement ho, my mount collecting ho and my pet collecting ho. So now that Cataclysm is winding down, what do I do? That’s right. I’m going to be Loremaster before the Panda invasion. I don’t care if nothing’s going to change this time! I’m going to do it dammit and not even the great Panda Boss himself can stop me!

For the record, EK and Kalimdor are done. Hah! Try resetting it NOW suckas! I have the achievements and you can’t take them away! Bwahahaha! As of the writing on this post, Outland is almost done, I have about 35 quests left in Netherstorm. I’ve already Toured the Fjord in Northrend, and got about halfway through the other zones except Icecrown (yuck). I’ve got all the Cataclysm zones done except about 20 or so in Deepholm and the entire underwater area. Oh god. Underwater area. Shoot me now. I got lost underwater after being summoned to Throne of Tides. And I drowned. Twice. It’s safe to assume that I am not looking forward to doing that zone. And that zone will be all that’s left standing in the way of Loremaster. I hate you Blizzard. Hate.

While I’m in Outland, I realized I had a few faction rep’s that were hanging out in “Revered” status. Some ohsoclose to exalted. Why did I abandon these reps when Wrath came out? It made me sad. So I spent a lot more time in Outlands than I wanted to. Grinded up Thrallmar and Sha’tar to exalted and Consortium to Revered (ugh). Consortium wasn’t on the bucket list, but in order to do my last 2 quests in Blades Edge (because another chain bugged out on me), I had to be revered with Consortium to unlock the Bash’ir Landing quests.

Consortium rep sucks big scaly murloc balls. Just sayin’. I spent about three days… THREE farming those goddamn Ethereum Prison Keys and Zaxxis Insignias in Netherstorm just to get to revered. Do  you know the drop rate on those keys? It’s listed as 3%. I call bullshit. I had 70 quests done in Netherstorm before I could finish the last 2 in Blade’s Edge. And now I’m halfway through revered. And in true Masochistic form, I’m not stopping at revered. Not when I’m ohsoclose! I’ll be farming heroic Mana Tombs for the rest of those sadistic bastards’ rep.

So if you got this far, here’s my bucket list of things to do with Alykii before Pandas hit!

1. Finish Loremaster
  2. Finish Outlands rep
  3. Finish the Outlands Dungeon Hero Achievement (all of which I need for rep)
  4. Get 40 exalted reps
  5. Read the last 6 books needed for the “Well Read” achievement
  6. Go for a Joyride in Azshara
  7. Finish the Outland Raids
  8. Learn how to fish

And my bucket list of things to do in general before Pandas hit!

1. Max archaeology on at least one toon
  2. Get Star to PVP
  3. Get the GB coffers up to 300k gold
  4. Finish the “Guild Classic Raider” achievement
  5. Finish the “Guild Glory of the Lich King Raider” achievement
  6. Get Kare to finish her legendary dagger quest
  7. Get my hunter to level 85
  8. Kill Heroic Hagara

Anyone else have a Bucket List? Or am I the only weird one?

Advertisements
  1. June 6, 2012 at 9:29 am

LOL time to Kill Hagara!!! We will kill her tonight! I feel it!

2. Stårfire
    June 6, 2012 at 10:07 am

LOL at your #2! Le sigh. Underwater zone is fun! You could always give your info to one of your most trusted girls (make a temp password, give that to us, and then change it after) and we could speed you through there!

• June 6, 2012 at 10:22 am

And there’s that pesky authenticator to get around… I’ll jump off that bridge when I get to it LOL.

• Crix
        June 12, 2012 at 6:52 am

Ok first off… who in their right mind would go through all that.. F that shizzit..

As for you drowning… Simple solution.. Do the quests from Thrall to go to Vash’ir and complete…I think 5 easy quests to learn the spell underwater breathing… Allows you to breathe and swim faster! If you REALLY wanna go fast.. do 10 quests and you get the seahorse underwater mount…

I have no idea what quests u need to finish in that area.. but if you’re there for a while.. Id suggest doing the above 🙂

3. June 12, 2012 at 7:16 am

Crix I will probably need to do all the underwater quests. It’s like 150. Somewhere in there I would think that I’d get the breathing in the seahorse.

4. June 12, 2012 at 7:17 am

And for the record I’m now done with EK, Kalimdor and Outlands and close to halfway done with Northrend now since I did a lot of the zones while leveling in wrath. 😛

So I CANT STOP NOW!!!

5. June 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm

OMAAAAAAAAGHHHHHERRRD, I GOT MENTIONED!!1!

Ahem, I mean I’ll get right on finishing those daggers.

• Kare
      June 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Well shoot, it was suppose to say Kare up there for my name.

6. Kare
    June 12, 2012 at 5:46 pm

This reply thing confuses me o.o

7. Kare
    June 12, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Well double shoot, I was trying to post that I was really excited that I was mentioned in your post and that I’ll get right on finishing those daggers, but then the internet bested me. /fail

1. December 2, 2013 at 6:31 am