If Ghostcrawler was a Genie….
…..and granted you three wishes, what would you wish for?
(and as the Genie in Aladdin said “ix-nay on the wishing for more wishes! You get three.)
I’ve thought back to all the times I’ve said to myself “I wish Blizzard would add….” Then we got our flying mounts in Azeroth. And we got to be able to chat with friends on other servers and factions. Then we got to actually PLAY with them! I don’t know, but Blizzard made quite a few wishes come true. But there are still a few things that I would love to see.
1. Guild UI Overhauls
The UI was tweaked a little bit when Cataclysm was launched, but seriously it needs a makeover. Pronto. Some things I’d love to see in the guild UI are:
- Some connection between all a player’s toons. So if they log in a toon, we can see all their other toons on that account that are in the guild.
- A prettier guild UI
- Instanced “housing”. A place for the guild to show off its trophies. Screenshots of kills frozen in time. A place for the Guild Vendor to hang his hat. The possibilities are endless.
- Something has to be done about the Guild Bank. It’s outdated. The logs are too limited. I’d love a feature where guildies can buy from the GB and sell items to the GB. Allow guild leaders to assign a price to certain items in the GB and open up a payment window when someone wants that item. Give players the option to sell or donate an item to the GB. Call it the “Guild Store”.
- Ooooh! A Guild Store!! Add it to the GB or make it its own store. You know where a great place for a guild store would be? Ahem….
- Do something with the useless LFG tool. It was a nice idea but, ugh. It needs a lot of help. More space for the guild description would be nice. the ability to send an in-game mail to someone interested in the guild just by clicking their name. Or even a browser to browse players who are actually looking for a guild.
- Guild-bound items. Anything bought from a guild vendor stays with the guild. If players leave the guild, they lose the guild-bound item. We want to discourage guild hoppers.
Blizzard unlocked so much potential with Guild Leveling and Perks in Cataclysm. My biggest wish is for them to build on this.
2. Upgrades to the Blizzard Forums/Website
So this isn’t an in-game wish. This is a “someone please fix the forums” wish. In particular, the Guild Recruitment forum. Instead of a forum, build something like what wowmatcher.com did back in the day. It’s a shame that site hasn’t been updated since the beginning of Cataclysm.
The Guild Recruitment system should have:
- An area for guilds looking for members. The area should allow Guild Profiles, which include a description, progression widgets, what they are recruiting, etc.
- An area for players looking for guilds. The area should allow Player Profiles (pretty much what the current armory does), with a place for players to describe what they’re looking for.
- Sortable! Filters! Help us find what we’re looking for!
I would love the blizzard website to include an area for Raiding Guild rankings, basically what wowprogress does. The rankings wouldn’t be just for raiding guilds. They could have RBG Team rankings, Achievement Rankings, etc. Imagine one place where you can see everything you wanted to know? Awesome.
3. Achievement Points
Make them actually MEAN something! Sure, we all love gathering up worthless nerdpoints. But some rewards for these points would be nice. Turn them into a form of currency. Unlock something once we have a certain number of points. Otherwise they’re just… numbers. You can do this Blizzard, I know you can. You already give us rewards for specific achievements (Long, Strange Trip mount, anyone?). Give these points some meaning!
So those are my 3 wishes. No, Ghostcrawler, I don’t want a pony. I have a pony. And it’s made of stars. Stars of awesome. Now let’s make this game more awesome.